You've heard about it on the news. You've secured the patio furniture, locked the windows, and grabbed provisions in case the power goes out. You're ready for this storm. Only this one turned out to be more than expected. Whether it was rain, high winds, hail, or debris, you suspect that your house has been damaged. It could be something obvious like a broken window, or it could be something hard to see, like damage to the high shingles on your roof. Most roof damage is very hard to identify from the ground, making it virtually impossible to assess.
Storm Damage and Your Home
If you suspect for any reason that you might have storm damage to your home, call Cardinal Catastrophe Services, Inc. Our Project Managers are trained specifically on how to identify and assess storm damage. We will perform a complete, no-cost assessment of your property, and report our honest findings to you. Our expertise will guide you to make the right decision.
How It Works
Cardinal Catastrophe Services, Inc. makes this process as straightforward as possible. Once adequate damage has been detected, the first step is filing a claim with your Insurance Company. Your Insurance Company will present you with a summary for dwelling and/or scope of damage. Rest assured that CardinalCat understands the intricate procedure for each Insurance Company and Mortgage Company. Our staff handles the entire process.
How "Bids" Work Against You
Often times when you have damage to your home and file a claim, your insurance agent may ask you to obtain several estimates or "bids" and imply that this is required as part of the claim process. This is not true. As the insured, you choose the company to do your restoration work and should make the choice based on quality, not price.
What should you do if your home was just hit by a storm?
- When your home is damaged by hail, high winds or severe thunder storms, the first step is to contact Cardinal Catastrophe Services, Inc. at 618.659.9800 or 314.649.5115. As insurance and storm specialists, we will help secure your property, determine the scope of damage to your home, and assist you with filing a claim.
- Immediately you should have your home protected from further damage by covering broken windows and damaged rooftops. Cardinal Catastrophe Services, Inc. will facilitate protecting the damaged portions of your residence that are exposed to the elements and susceptible to further damage.
- If you need to make temporary repairs to your home, and you do the work yourself, be sure to keep the receipts of any materials that you purchase to make these repairs.
- If any personal property has been damaged, hold on to the broken items so the Insurance Company can verify and determine replacement cost. Make a list of each item, including its age, current value, model, make, and item number.
- Cardinal Catastrophe Services, Inc. will work in conjunction with your insurance adjuster to assess the damage and to determine the scope of the work needed for repair. We will come to an agreement with your Insurance Company regarding the cost of the repair work up front. Once the scope of work is established, we don’t argue price. We work directly off the Insurance Company’s summary for dwelling and/or scope of damage and will adhere to the numbers indicated.
- Out-of-pocket expense (deductible) is not paid until we are finished with your project and you are completely satisfied with our work. The cost to you will be your insurance deductible, unless otherwise noted in writing.
- If necessary, you may be entitled to temporary living expenses and housing if your home is considered uninhabitable due to a covered claim. We will assist you as needed.
CardinalCat Project Managers are certified professionals having completed the "HAAG Certified Inspector-Residential Roofs" course.
Cardinal Catastrophe Services, Inc. works exclusively with insurance restoration projects. When your home is damaged by a storm, you can be confident we will be at your side providing maximum service to you and your family.
Do You Have Storm Damage?
Hail and high winds can cause serious damage to your home. Our staff, following standards set by NRCA and HAAG Engineering, knows exactly what to look for when inspecting your entire property. When it comes to your roof, it is virtually impossible to see the damage from the ground. Let us conduct a complementary inspection of your full property and work with you to have your home fully restored.